....my oh so very random thoughts

Friday 21 October 2016

QUEEN ESTHER

It's 478 B.C and Esther has just become Queen of Persia.
She will later go on to save her people from total annihilation, hailed for her beauty, poise, remarkable bravery and unwavering faith in God.
But one thing this woman taught me is to learn how to keep your mouth shut.
Mmmm hmm!

We all know how the story goes.
It's Day 2 of the banquet and Esther is finally pleading for her life and that of her people. The king is furious and demands to know who
is responsible for such treachery.

 "And Esther said, The adversary and enemy is this wicked Haman. Then Haman was afraid before the king and the queen."
Esther 7:5‭-‬6 KJV

Eh?! That was all she said o and the king started to provoke. Very rational and diplomatic response.
Lai lai! If it were me, this was how the conversation would have went.

Oyibo Pepper to the King:
Is it not this wicked Haaman? Very foolish somebody. So you want to act like you don't know what I'm talking about abi? Was it not the both of you that connived to kill my people? Are you not the one that gave him the permission to do so? Just look at the type of people who work for you. So you didn't even know that I'm a Jew, this man sef what do you even know about me?
You see your life now? So that is how I will just die and you will bring another woman to replace me like you did Vashti. You think I did not know that has been your plan all along? You want to bring all those small small girls in your harem into my matrimonial home. It will not work o you hear me!

Or something to that effect...

Queen E didn't even suggest to the King that Haman be punished even though she was well within her rights to do so. She respected her husband's authority and decision on the matter.

Haman never expected it
Esther 100 - 0 Haman.

Well played Esty babe, well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment