....my oh so very random thoughts

Friday 21 October 2016

HOW TO SURVIVE A RECESSION Episode 2

Fun Fact:
In high school I overheard one girl say that if Esther loosened her hair before you then that means your hair must be really really old.
Yup I could carry(read as maintain😁) hair for Africa. Mostly because mother was always particular about my hair being cut small for braids/plaits which meant sitting down the whole day in one crummy shop because big head.
One more embarrassing thing about me you can add to your archives.

On today's episode of "Nobody asked for my advice but I'm gonna give it anyways..."

How to save money/time in a recession (and still look good): The Hair Edition

1) Know what works for you.
You must not try on every hairstyle that is in vogue. And if you must, then please get someone who is proficient. E.g crotchet braids. The idea of crotchet braids is that they are supposed to look REALISTIC. You feel me?

2) Team Natural
* perming your hair once every month is not healthy for your hair. The less chemicals in your hair, the better for you and your pocket.
* I like to perm my hair before I braid it so it'd come out neat and last longer. But I see no need perming my hair if I'm going to cover it with a weave later, except I'm going to leave out some hair then maybe.
* speaking of leave outs, please use weavons that match your hair color.
* if you do not own a hot comb then I strongly advise against leave outs. Can't be seen on the streets looking like a harassed clown especially in this rainy season.

3) Not every time Brazilian hair. But that don't mean you should go synthetic either.
* I'm frugal when it comes to buying weaves. If I don't see myself using it a second time, mbok I'm not buying.

4) My hair stylist is bae. Repeat after me. My hair stylist is bae.
* You see how men are loyal to their barbers? Good. Take it from me, male hair stylists are always the ones to go to whenever you want to cut or style your weave into a bob or pixie cut.

5) YouTube has many how-to videos on just about everything hair related. And if you don't have two left hands like me, you could even start making your hair yourself.

6) If  you're a guy reading this and thinking "Well won't it be cheaper if you just cut your hair"?, slap yourself before I slap you.

7) Salon that is not a gossip/rumor mongering center, is that one salon ?

No comments:

Post a Comment