....my oh so very random thoughts

Thursday 25 August 2016

Scripture Challenge: Keep Calm

Day 8 of #ScriptureChallenge

I said, “I will guard my ways, Lest I sin with my tongue; I will restrain my mouth with a muzzle, While the wicked are before me.” I was mute with silence, I held my peace even from good; And my sorrow was stirred up. My heart was hot within me; While I was musing, the fire burned.
Then I spoke with my tongue: “ Lord , make me to know my end, And what is the measure of my days, That I may know how frail I am.
Psalms 39:1-4 NKJV

Over the past week I've been watching with growing angst as people have come online to post dissertations and counter dissertations on the merits and demerits of church doctrine(tithing & marriage to be precise).
Lord knows I was this close on calling some people out here on Facebook but I saw something on Heather Lindsey's page that made me have a rethink.
"Lord teach us to war on our knees and not on social media."
Not everytime Facebook militant, sometimes keep calm and weigh your words.
Isn't it interesting that with all that was going on around him, when it was finally time to speak the only person he was interested in talking to was God.
It is not for nothing they say that silence is golden. Abeg who no like gold?

Remain blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment