....my oh so very random thoughts

Thursday 25 August 2016

Scripture Challenge: Don't skip the process

Day 10 of #ScriptureChallenge

My Dad thinks I spend an inordinate amount of time braiding my hair. He's not entirely wrong, I really do have a head full of hair. Hmm...I wonder who I inherited that from.

Now the news in full...
I was just musing to myself the other day (apparently I have too much free time on my hands these days) on the hazardous situations  females face when braiding their hair. You know that part where we have to dip our braids into steaming hot water while trusting that our hair stylist would not accidentally empty the hot water on us. Very risky something.

You see, the hot water serves to make the braids more flexible and to give it a more polished and refined look.

In the same vein, at certain times in our lives God will also "dip us into hot water" in order to produce a more refined you.
Romans 5:3-5 says
.... we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."

Don't skip the process..

No comments:

Post a Comment