....my oh so very random thoughts

Thursday 25 August 2016

If I Were A Boy

Disclaimer: The following post is heavily stereotyped. Any non resemblance to persons living or dead is not a cause for alarm.

On today's episode of "If I were a boy..."

"Who removed my XYZ from where I kept it!?"
This was usually the headline of any quarrel we had, my Dad & I.
My father's voice would boom from his room as he made his way angrily down the corridor while I scampered past him to go and find whatever object he was looking for as I was the usual suspect.
It never mattered how meticulous my Dad was at keeping his things, I  was always moving things around in his room/study because nothing was ever neat enough or arranged well enough for me. Chalk it up to my borderline OCD.

It took me awhile but I learnt eventually that if a man keeps something someplace, even if he goes for 100 years and comes back, he will still know where to find that thing even in the dark(except a woman has moved it of course😃)

** Another thing that fascinates me about men is how practical they can be. If a man wants to buy a blue shirt with yellow buttons, he simply walks into a store, picks a blue shirt with yellow buttons, pays for it and leaves. I know right?! Easy peasy!

** A (good) man is not a tattletale.

** I always admire how men find it easy to get along with each other irrespective of age or social strata especially when it comes to discussing football and politics.
But the one for which men will always have my respect is their maturity in handling conflicts. I have watched men have arguments so heated that I feared for their friendships. But no matter the disagreement, it's nothing that cannot be resolved over a bottle of beer. At the end of the day, its all bants. Hats off to you guys.

** You know how the right amount of alcohol can make any girl look beautiful? Just the right amount of intelligence/wit can make any man look sexy. Argue with the exchange rate.

** And let's face it, your unique ability to pee by the side of the road is err.....

        <<end of rant>>

No comments:

Post a Comment