....my oh so very random thoughts

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Don't poop where you eat

Disclaimer: I'm extremely bored, amongst other things,  Read @ your own risk.

If you graduated from a federal university in Nigeria, you are already a champion in your own right.
If you graduated from a federal university in Nigeria and you stayed in school hostel, my dear you are a living legend.

I remember my first day of Uni, my mom dropped me off at Female Hostel Hall 9 at the University of Calabar. She was so proud that I was going to be a Malabress as she too had once been. The hostel was in disarray as most of the students hadn't returned from the break so I had to "squat" with someone who later turned out to be a very good friend/school mother down the road ☺️😍

I digress.  *proceed with caution*

The toilets/bathrooms in Hall 9 are πŸ˜·πŸ˜·πŸ’©πŸ˜© disgusting! I'm having PTSD just thinking about them.
Ok I think the toilets were way worse than the bathrooms, because nobody actually used the toilets. Yes o! Not unless you wanted a million evil spirits to park inside you while you were doing your business in the White House. Believe you me, there was nothing remotely white about that house.

So as part of my unofficial orientation, I was told/advised to buy a plastic bucket with a cover, so anytime nature called, I'd answer the call in my room(or on the corridor as I saw some girls do), and then stroll majestically to the "toilet area", stand at the door(you must never step foot inside) and fling the contents of your bucket as far as they can go into the pitch darkness, turn around and leave. I always felt sorry for the cleaners that worked there.

The phrase "don't shit where you eat" obviously didn't apply to us.
I got over the shock very quickly, my parents had expressly warned  me not to call home (Backstory: in JSS3, I stayed in boarding house for one week and called my parents begging them to come take me back. Those seniors eh!)

At night I'd come out to get dinner and the front of the hostel will be lined with "posh" cars, men who had come to see their lady friends. I will just laugh inside me and think "if only he knew where she did.....oh never mind! I shall proceed to see myself out! Bye now!

1 comment:

  1. If u are a graduate of federal uni n u lived in d hostel...... U are a living legend..... Bravo

    ReplyDelete