....my oh so very random thoughts

Wednesday 1 April 2015

POINT AND KILL!

Disclaimer: "If you pray for all your enemies to die, then in whose presence will God prepare a table for you?"
Maybe it's my upbringing(and I'd probably get some flak over this) but it gets a little unsettling in church when I have to pray this "Die by fire! Fall down & die!" type of prayer. And you know we Africans, we have a lot of enemies.
But I'm very sure JESUS did not stutter when he said "love & pray for your enemies" Why? "So that you may be children of your Father in heaven"
Do you want to be(or consider yourself) a child of God? Then love&pray for your enemies.

I've heard some schools of thought that say "Afterall Jesus said we should pray FOR our enemies, he didn't give us the prayer topic". Interesting that he also said we should love them first, so pls tell me how can you pray evil for someone you are meant to love?
Let that marinate a little.
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matthew 5:44-48 NIV)
Happy New Month. Remain blessed.
<<end of rant>>

No comments:

Post a Comment