....my oh so very random thoughts

Thursday 5 March 2015

Blast From The Past

So the other day, I was on the bus on my way to school. I see this nicely dressed middle aged woman and a good looking teenage boy standing at the bus stop. I catch myself thinking, "Hmm...I want to look like her when I'm that age and if I ever had a son, I'd like him to look like this dude.
The guy and the woman get on the bus. As it would so happen, the teenager was standing right next to me. I was mildly horrified when I looked up and discovered that he had a tattoo on his left arm. Well no son of mine was ever getting a 'ta', talk less of 'ttoo'! Being the type of person that I am, I like making excuses for people. So I didn't judge him too harshly about the tattoo. I figured maybe he got it in his 'rebellious' phase or 'twas peer pressure.
You can imagine my dismay when I noticed that my 'teenage son fantasy' also has a pack of cigarettes in his pocket. Haay! I started laughing at myself. Fancy me having a son with a tattoo who smokes and does Lord knows what else. Heaven forbid it!
Somehow, a very valuable lesson occurred to me on the bus that day. 

"People are not always what they seem or appear to be.Sometimes people surprise us. Sometimes they outright shock us. Sometimes they turn out to not be at all who we thought they were. And sometimes the clues were right in front of our noses the entire time. Maybe we don’t want to see them for who they are, or maybe the truth seems impossible. Maybe we just want to think the best of those we think we know.
The next time you are shocked at someone’s action or reactions, think about how well you really know that person. Do you know them well enough to predict their movements? Are they really who you thought they were or did you only know the mask they were wearing? Could you see something wasn’t quite right? Were you close enough to offer assistance? Are you who everyone thinks you are? Finally, do you even know who you are?"
Thanks for reading! Have a nice day & God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment