....my oh so very random thoughts

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Who Gambling Don Epp?

There are two vices that have slowly taken hold of young men in our Nigerian society today, so much so the statistics(if they are anything to go by) would alarm you. I'm talking about drugs and gambling.

You know there was a time when it was the "wayward" boys that did drugs. Well not anymore.
It has become a fast growing culture in our universities.
What's more, as a society we are ill equipped to handle these addicts as evidenced by the paucity of drug rehab centers in the country. I mean who needs rehab centers when there are deliverance ministers who can cast the evil spirits out.
I digress but what's up with young men and the bushy unkempt hair they keep these days? I hate to stereotype but you'd have to be on drugs to be seen on the streets looking like a scruffian. Pfft.

Then there's the gambling(aka betting). Bet9ja franchises are practically springing up on every street corner these days and they have no want for customers esp when European football is on TV. The amount of money these lads spend in these betting centres and online on a weekly basis would damn near give you an aneurysm.
Correct me if I'm wrong but nobody ever got filthy rich off betting.
Or in Nigerian parlance, who gambling don epp?

No comments:

Post a Comment