....my oh so very random thoughts

Wednesday 14 October 2015

God's Stellar Record

“He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” Mark‬ ‭4:40‬ ‭NIV‬‬
The words from the passage jumped out at me. "Do you STILL have no faith?" STILL.....
In that moment I could imagine the frustration with his disciples, how can you imagine that you will drown with Jesus in your boat?
It took me a second to realize he was actually asking me, "after all this time, after all the ways I've proven myself to you, do you STILL not trust me completely"? In that moment I felt so ashamed.

I'm the type of person that likes to plan my day to a T. If I'm doing something or going somewhere, I like to know the when,what,how and where in explicit details. So I get a bit nervous when I don't know what's going to happen along the line or about things/situations I can't plan or control. So I worry.
I'm a worry wart. I worry when things don't go my way. I worry that they wouldn't. I worry about the future. I worry about worrying. And sometimes that worrying tends to translate into fear, which sometimes translates into panic.

The most recent being my board exams. It got to a point I realized I never had any positive thing to say when anyone asked me how it was going. All I did was whine and complain about how things didn't pan out as I expected. I remember on one occasion I was talking to my aunt about the exam and she said something that really struck me. She said "Records show that God has never failed you..." True words. So why was I STILL afraid? It was a big reality check for me.

And just as if to confirm his word, the very next day, a colleague of mine walked up to me in class and said "Don't worry, you will pass, I already see us in Abuja." And he walked away. I was a bit taken aback because he said it with such calm and conviction, almost like he perceived the conflicts going on in my mind.

After that day, an unusual peace washed over me, I can't explain it. And God kept to his word.

Dear person reading this, Records show that God is faithful, he has never failed you, you will make it again and again by his grace. He will be faithful to the end.
God bless you.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Thank God for his goodness. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Thank God for his goodness. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete