....my oh so very random thoughts

Monday 31 January 2011

Fish Out Of Water

This feels weird....

I must have hit the Backspace key over a dozen times already.There was a time when it was just me,my pen,paper and my thoughts......well that was before social networking came along.So now am switching between Windows, Skypeing a friend,listening to music, and staring at the blinking cursor.

Oh well! here goes nothing,i have to get started somehow.

In less than 3 months it would be illegal to call me a teenager.Now i dunno if that makes me happy or sad. But am pretty sure that somehow i have lost touch with myself in those years. Sad innit? Case in study- my writing. Now, there is something I used to love doing back then when I wasn't reading a book/newspaper,daydreaming or talking to myself :) I had hopes of being a published writer someday.Those were the days, and for the life of me I cant figure out why I stopped writing, wasn't it what I "loved" doing? I guess love makes you do crazy things.like forgetting what/who you loved(d) in the first place and Why???

Hmmm...speaking of love. Seems like everyone has formed an opinion on the issue. Yeah..yeah,am a sucker for Happily ever afters, but lets face it....this is REAL LIFE (like we used to say back in kindergarten).Love isn't perfect and am learning it the hard way. In my opinion, you actually have to be in love to really knows what it feels like.Every other rule follows thereafter. Enough said.

OK, now am getting used to the idea of writing from a laptop..who would have imagined.? Anyways, I take  this as a step in the right direction and hopefully in time I would rediscover myself.

In the meantime, am going to put my headphones on full volume and let the music take over me. Finally, in the words of a wise man;

 It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad. 
                                                                                                       C.S Lewis

2 comments:

  1. nice the other part of being a grown up is consistency, where is the sequel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice touch from the c.s lewis quote.....

    i think our lives intersect about that social distration part...but im learning nothing will change if i dont run with the times..when we wernt hatched we dreamed of being hatched now we wonder if we are ready....i will make my self ready

    ReplyDelete